- I can dilate a figure given a scale factor and center.
- I can calculate the lengths of parts of a scaled drawing.
- I know that when figures are dilated by a scale factor of $k$, all lengths in the figure are multiplied by $k$.
- I can explain what happens to lines and angles in a dilation.
- I can explain why the segment connecting the midpoints of two sides of a triangle is parallel to the third side and half the length of the third side.
- I can write similarity statements.
- I know the definition of similarity.
- I know the relationships between corresponding sides and angles in similar triangles.
- I can critique proofs that use similarity.
- I can write proofs using the definition of similarity.
- I can explain why the Angle-Angle Triangle Similarity Theorem works.
- I can explain why the Side-Angle-Side and Side-Side-Side Triangle Similarity Theorems work.
- I can explain why a segment parallel to one side of a triangle divides the other sides proportionally.
- I can find scale factors and use them to solve problems.
- I can find similar triangles formed by the altitude to the hypotenuse in a right triangle.
- I can prove the Pythagorean Theorem.
- I can solve problems involving similar right triangles.
- I can solve and interpret problems involving similar right triangles.