Students calculate the volume of several pyramids, and they work backward to find possible dimensions of a pyramid given its volume. Students make use of structure (MP7) when they select dimensions that combine to create a particular volume result.
- Calculate volumes of pyramids.
- Generate sets of pyramid and cone dimensions that result in given volumes.
- Let’s use the pyramid volume formula to solve problems.
Devices are required for the digital version of the activity A Chocolate Pyramid.
- I can calculate volumes of pyramids and cones.
- I can work backward from a given volume to find possible dimensions of a pyramid or cone.
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Cumulative Practice Problem Set||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|