Alg2.5 Transformations of Functions
- I can describe how a graph is transformed.
- I can use function notation to represent a vertical or horizontal translation from one graph to another.
- I can write equations to represent vertical and horizontal translations of graphs.
- I understand the relationship between graphs and equations describing horizontal translations.
- I can reflect a graph across either the $x$- or $y$-axis.
- I can identify even and odd functions by their graphs.
- I can complete graphs of even and odd functions if I know what half the graph looks like.
- I can identify even and odd functions by their equations.
- I can write an equation from a description of how a graph is transformed.
- I can calculate the scale factor needed to transform the output of a function to model data.
- I can describe the effect of a scale factor on the input of a function.
- I understand the differences between scaling the outputs and scaling the inputs of a function.
- I can combine two functions in different ways.
- I can transform a function so its graph models a data set.