The purpose of this lesson is for students to draw a given number of images.
In a previous lesson, students created number posters by counting out groups of objects with a given number. In this lesson, students complete the same activity but draw groups of images to show each number. The same posters that were used in the previous lesson can be used in the first activity.
- Action and Expression
- Given a written number, draw a picture with that number of images in it.
- Averigüemos cuántas cosas hay que dibujar.
- Each group of 4 students need a piece of chart paper with a number (1-10) written at the top.
- Gather materials from:
- Math Libs, Stage 1
- Bingo, Stages 1 and 2
- Number Race, Stage 1
- Geoblocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Math Fingers, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Think about a time you recently made a mistake during math class. How did you leverage your mistake to show students that mistakes are just learning in process?