Here is data on the number of cases of whooping cough from 1939 to 1955.
|year||number of cases|
- Make a new table that orders the data by year.
- Circle the years in your table that had fewer than 100,000 cases of whooping cough.
- Based on this data, would you expect 1956 to have closer to 50,000 cases or closer to 100,000 cases?
In volleyball statistics, a block is recorded when a player deflects the ball hit from the opposing team. Additionally, scorekeepers often keep track of the average number of blocks a player records in a game. Here is part of a table that records the number of blocks and blocks per game for each player in a women’s volleyball tournament. A scatter plot that goes with the table follows.
|blocks||blocks per game|
Label the axes of the scatter plot with the necessary information.
A cylinder has a radius of 4 cm and a height of 5 cm.
- What is the volume of the cylinder?
- What is the volume of the cylinder when its radius is tripled?
- What is the volume of the cylinder when its radius is halved?