In previous lessons, students described shapes that they saw in the environment. In this lesson, students use what they have learned about shapes throughout the section to name specific examples of shapes in their school environment. Students choose to either draw or create an example of a shape that they found. Students share their work with their classmates and answer questions about their shape.
- Name shapes and use informal language to describe attributes of shapes in the environment.
- Encontremos figuras en nuestro mundo.
- Students need the straws from the previous lesson and pipe cleaners, string, or other art supplies.
- Gather materials from:
- Build Shapes, Stages 1 and 2
- Counting Collections, Stage 1
- Which One, Stage 1
- Picture Books, Stages 1–3
- Bingo, Stages 1 and 2
- Shake and Spill, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Activity 3||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|