Expresiones y ecuaciones
The purpose of this lesson is for students to make sense of expressions and equations that represent numbers 11–19.
Students connect their understanding of numbers 11–19 as ten ones and some more ones to expressions (10 + _____.) Then, they match equations to 10-frame representations of teen numbers.
- Make sense of expressions and equations that represent numbers 11–19.
- Mostremos de diferentes formas los números del 11 al 19.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Make or Break Apart Numbers Stage 2 Recording Sheet, Spanish
- Make or Break Apart Numbers Stage 2 Number Mat 11-19
- Numbers and Expressions Cards
- Make or Break Apart Numbers Stage 2 Gameboards
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 4.
Gather materials from:
- Bingo, Stages 1-4
- Number Race, Stages 1 and 2
- Grab and Count, Stage 1
- Tower Build, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
As students worked in their small groups today, whose ideas were heard, valued, and accepted? How can you adjust the group structure tomorrow to ensure each student’s ideas are a part of the collective learning?