This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In the first activity, students learn stage 2 of the Estimate and Measure center, which was first introduced in grade 1. Students estimate and measure the length of objects and find the difference between their estimate and the actual measurement. In the second activity, students choose to continue working on Estimate and Measure or a previously introduced center focused on solving story problems.
- Estimate and measure objects and find the difference between their estimate and the actual measurement.
- Tell and solve story problems.
- Estimemos la longitud de un objeto y luego midámosla.
- Gather or identify objects of various lengths (pencils, markers, books, glue, scissors, shoe, tape dispenser, side of desk, length of bulletin board).
Gather materials from:
- Estimate and Measure, Stage 2
- Math Stories, Stage 5
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|