Mismo perímetro, figuras diferentes
The purpose of this lesson is for students to practice finding the perimeter of shapes and to understand that many different shapes can have the same perimeter.
In previous lessons, students learned they can find the perimeter of a shape by adding the lengths of the sides. In this lesson, students match shapes with the same perimeter and draw different shapes that have the same perimeter.
- Action and Expression
- Find the perimeter of two-dimensional shapes.
- Understand that many different shapes can have the same perimeter.
- Aprendamos sobre figuras que tienen el mismo perímetro.
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
As students worked in their small groups today, whose ideas were heard, valued, and accepted? How can you adjust the group structure tomorrow to ensure that each student’s ideas are a part of the collective learning?
- Can You Draw It? (1–5), Stage 3: Grade 3 Shapes (Addressing)
- How Are They the Same? (1–5), Stage 3: Grade 3 Shapes (Addressing)