Throughout the course, students have worked to develop fluency with multiplication and division within 100. In this lesson, they reflect on their progress and ways to improve their fluency with products within 100.
Students sort multiplication facts into groups based on whether they know them right away, can find them quickly, or don’t know them yet. They then consider strategies for finding the value of unfamiliar products efficiently and practice applying those strategies.
At the end of the year, grade 3 students are expected to fluently multiply and divide within 100 and to know from memory all products of two single-digit numbers.
If students need additional support with the concepts in this lesson, refer back to Unit 1, Section B in the curriculum materials.
- Action and Expression
- Practice multiplication within 100.
- Reflect on multiplication fluency.
- Clasifiquemos hechos de multiplicación y juguemos un juego de multiplicación.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Card Sort: Multiplication Recording Sheet, Spanish
- Compare Stage 3 Multiplication Cards
- Card Sort: Multiplication
- Gather materials from Multiplication Card Sort, an activity from a previous unit.
- If remaking the cards, create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
Teacher Reflection Questions
Reflect on the development of students’ fluency with multiplication and division. What activities or discussions particularly helped students during the year? What will you do differently next year to foster your students’ fluency with multiplication and division?
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements
|Lesson Cover Page
|Teacher Presentation Materials