Find each product. Show your reasoning.
- \((2.5) \boldcdot (1.4)\)
- \((0.64) \boldcdot (0.81)\)
Here are an unfinished calculation of \((0.54) \boldcdot (3.8)\) and a 0.54-by-3.8 rectangle.
- Which part of the rectangle has an area of 0.432? Which part of the rectangle has an area of 1.62? Show your reasoning.
- What is \((0.54) \boldcdot (3.8)\)?
Explain how the product of 3 and 65 could be used to find \((0.03) \boldcdot (0.65)\).
Use vertical calculation to find each product.
- \((5.4)\boldcdot (2.4)\)
- \((1.67)\boldcdot (3.5)\)
A pound of blueberries costs $3.98 and a pound of clementines costs $2.49. What is the combined cost of 0.6 pound of blueberries and 1.8 pounds of clementines? Round your answer to the nearest cent.
Which has a greater value: \(7.4 - 0.0022\) or \(7.39-0.0012\)? Show your reasoning.
Andre is planting saplings (baby trees). It takes him 30 minutes to plant 3 saplings. If each sapling takes the same amount of time to plant, how long will it take Andre to plant 14 saplings? If you get stuck, consider using the table.
|number of saplings||time in minutes|