3.3 Wrapping Up Addition and Subtraction Within 1,000
- Students use place value understanding to round whole numbers and add and subtract within 1,000. They also represent and solve two-step word problems using addition, subtraction, and multiplication and assess the reasonableness of answers.
Section A Goals
- Fluently add within 1,000 using algorithms based on place value and properties of operations.
- Use place value understanding to compose and decompose numbers.
Section B Goals
- Fluently subtract within 1,000 using algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
Section C Goals
- Round whole numbers to the nearest multiple of 10 and 100.
Section D Goals
- Assess the reasonableness of answers.
- Solve two-step word problems using addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Assessments and Assessment Teacher Guides.