3.6 Measuring Length, Time, Liquid Volume, and Weight
- Students generate and represent length measurement data in halves and fourths of an inch on line plots. They learn about and estimate relative units of measure including weight, liquid volume, and time, and use the four operations to solve problems involving measurement.
Section A Goals
- Measure lengths using rulers marked with halves and fourths of an inch to generate data for making a line plot.
Section B Goals
- Measure and estimate weights and liquid volumes of objects.
Section C Goals
- Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of time intervals in minutes.
- Tell time to the minute.
Section D Goals
- Solve problems involving the four operations and measurement contexts.
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Assessments and Assessment Teacher Guides.