In previous lessons, students became familiar with and solved problems involving equal groups, time, weight, and liquid volume. In this lesson, students put together the ideas they have learned to consider a variety of mathematical situations that might arise during a day at the fair. Students solve problems as they imagine the course of a day at the fair and create a poster to highlight their mathematical reasoning.
- Action and Expression
- Analyze strategies for solving problems and for presenting solutions.
- Use the four operations to solve one-step word problems involving measurements.
- Let’s solve problems about spending a day at the fair and think about how to best show our solutions.
- Display posters from the previous activity.
|Activity 1||25 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Compare (1–5), Stage 3: Multiply within 100 (Supporting)
- How Close? (1–5), Stage 5: Multiply to 100 (Supporting)