Students write an equation to match a story problem, as they have been doing throughout the unit. When writing equations, students put a box around the answer to the question in the story problem. In this lesson, students begin by comparing different story problems to consider how the structures of the problems are the same or different. In Activity 2, students solve a variety of problem types in groups and write the equation that matches.
- Identify how a variety of story types are the same and different.
- Solve a story problem and write an equation to match the problem.
- Pensemos en qué se parecen y en qué se diferencian las historias.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Story Problem Cards Grade 1, Spanish
- Create one set of Story Problem Cards from the blackline master.