In the first activity, students identify that the total number of connecting cubes stays the same when decomposed into 2 parts. In the second activity, students discuss that the same number of objects can be decomposed into 2 parts in more than one way.
- Action and Expression
- Compose and decompose numbers up to 9.
- Understand that numbers can be decomposed into parts in different ways.
- Separemos números en partes.
- Each student needs 6 connecting cubes.
- Gather materials from:
- Find the Value of Expressions, Stage 1
- Bingo, Stages 1–3
- Shake and Spill, Stages 1–3
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|