This lesson is optional because finding all of the ways to decompose a number is not an expectation of the kindergarten standards. Students look for and make use of structure (MP7) as they use the patterns in decompositions to help them find all the possible ways to decompose a number.
- Compose and decompose numbers up to 9.
- Find all the ways to decompose a number.
- Encontremos todas las maneras de separar un número.
- Gather materials from:
- What’s Behind My Back?, Stage 1
- Check It Off, Stage 1
- Find the Value of Expressions, Stage 1
- Bingo, Stages 1–3
- Shake and Spill, Stages 1–3
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|