Students write a number to represent a quantity greater than 10 for the first time. Students use full 10-frames and some more to identify and create numbers 11–19. Students may count all of the dots or counters to determine the teen number, or they may count on from 10. Counting on to determine the total is not an expectation in kindergarten.
- Action and Expression
- Compose and decompose numbers 11–19 using 10 ones and some more ones.
- Formemos números con tableros de 10 completos y algunos más.
- Each student needs 1 card from the blackline master.
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
- Gather materials from:
- Number Race, Stages 1 and 2
- Grab and Count, Stage 1
- Find the Pair, Stage 1
- Tower Build, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|