This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn a new center, Target Measurements. In this center, students practice estimating and measuring length in inches and centimeters. In Activity 2, students can choose to continue working on Target Measurements, or choose between a previously introduced center and a new stage of the Number Puzzles center, In this stage, called Within 100 with Composing, students work with sums and differences within 100 with composing and decomposing a ten.
- Determine the unknown number that makes an equation true.
- Estimate and measure objects.
- Completemos ecuaciones y sigamos estimando y midiendo.
Gather materials from:
- Number Puzzles, Stages 4
- Estimate and Measure, Stage 2
- Target Measurements, Stage 1
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|