Día 2 de centros (optional)
The purpose of this lesson is for students to practice estimating and measuring lengths and adding and subtracting within 100.
This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn a new center, Target Measurements. In this center, students practice estimating and measuring length in inches and centimeters. In Activity 2, students can choose to continue working on Target Measurements, or choose between a previously introduced center and a new stage of the Number Puzzles center, In this stage, called Within 100 with Composing, students work with sums and differences within 100 with composing and decomposing a ten.
- Determine the unknown number that makes an equation true.
- Estimate and measure objects.
- Completemos ecuaciones y sigamos estimando y midiendo.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Number Puzzles Digit Cards
- Target Measurement Stage 1 Recording Sheet, Spanish
- Number Puzzles Addition Stage 4 Gameboard, Spanish
Gather materials from:
- Number Puzzles, Stages 4
- Estimate and Measure, Stage 2
- Target Measurements, Stage 1
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
As students worked in their centers today, whose ideas were heard, valued, and accepted? How can you use what you learned today about your students to inform how you will use centers in the future?