The purpose of this lesson is for students to practice adding 2 two-digit numbers with composing a ten.
In each activity, a new stage of a center is offered as a choice as students choose from previously introduced centers. All of the centers focus on working with two-digit numbers.
- Add numbers within 100.
- Let’s add 2 two-digit numbers.
- Gather materials form previous centers:
- Target Numbers, Stages 1-2
- Number Puzzles, Stages 1-4
- Mystery Number, Stage 1
- Gather materials from previous centers:
- Five in a Row, Stages 1-6
- Get Your Numbers in Order, Stage 1
- Grab and Count, Stage 2
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
As students worked in centers today, whose ideas were heard, valued, and accepted? How can you adjust the group structure for your next center day, to ensure each student’s ideas are heard?