In the first activity, students learn stage 3 of the Number Puzzles center. In this new stage, students use digit cards to make addition equations within 100 without composing a ten. In the second activity, students choose from center activities that focus on adding within 100.
- Add within 100, without composing a ten.
- Let’s add within 100.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Number Puzzles Addition and Subtraction Stage 3 Gameboard
- Each group of 2 needs a set of digit cards from the previous center, Number Puzzles.
- Gather materials from previous centers:
- Number Puzzles, Stages 1-3
- Five in a Row, Stages 1-5
- Greatest of Them All, Stage 1
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
How are students working together during center time? Are all students getting the opportunity to participate in the mathematics?