- Count groups of up to 120 objects and write a number to represent them.
- Measure length by iterating same-size length units without gaps or overlaps.
- Read and write numbers to 120.
- Let’s practice counting, measuring lengths, and writing numbers.
- Create a collection of up to 120 objects per group of 2 students (buttons, two-color counters, linking cubes, paper clips, pattern blocks, square tiles).
- Gather materials from:
- Write Numbers, Stages 1–3
- Estimate and Measure, Stage 1
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Think about a time you recently made a mistake during math class. How did you leverage your mistake to show students that mistakes are just learning in process?
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Cumulative Practice Problem Set||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||(log in)'|
|Teacher Guide||(log in)'|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|
|Google Slides||(log in)'|
|PowerPoint Slides||(log in)'|