Students figure out how many students are in class during Questions About Us routine. Students then count objects in different collections in a way that makes sense to them. The second activity is an optional activity that provides support in pairing the verbal count sequence with objects.
- Count collections of objects.
- Keep track of objects that have been counted.
- Let’s count collections of objects.
- Gather materials from:
- Connecting Cubes, Stages 1 and 2
- Pattern Blocks, Stages 1, 2, and 3
- Geoblocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Picture Books, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|