Día 1 de centros (optional)
This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In both activities, students have a choice between 2 centers introduced in previous lessons. Students choose the center they would like to participate in, and work with a partner on that activity. Use this lesson as an opportunity to establish structures for centers for the year, such as how materials will be organized, how many students will work at each center, how students will transition from one center to another, and how students will work together with partners at each center.
Tell students they will reflect on their identified norms at the end of this lesson.
- Action and Expression
- Learn the structure of center day lessons.
- Practice adding and subtracting within 10 or 20.
- Practice adding within 50.
- Sumemos y restemos en las actividades de los centros.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Number Puzzles Digit Cards
- Number Puzzles Addition and Subtraction Stage 2 Gameboard, Spanish
- Create one set of digit cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
Gather Materials from:
- What's Behind My Back, Stages 2 and 3
- How Close, Stages 1–3
- Number Puzzles, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|