In previous lessons, students interpreted different types of story problems and matched them to diagrams.
In this lesson, students continue to connect story problems to diagrams and use their work to make sense of equations and symbols that represent the unknown number (MP2). Students solve different types of story problems within 100 using methods that make the most sense to them.
- Make sense of equations that represent story problems.
- Represent and solve one-step story problems within 100.
- Demos sentido a ecuaciones y resolvamos problemas-historia.
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2–4.
- Each group of 2–4 needs a set of cards from the previous lesson.
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Target Numbers (1–5), Stage 5: Subtract Two-digit Numbers (Addressing)
- Capture Squares (1–3), Stage 4: Subtract within 20 (Addressing)
- Math Stories (K–2), Stage 4: Add and Subtract (Supporting)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|