Hagamos diagramas de puntos
In an earlier lesson, students learned about the features of a line plot. They interpreted a line plot that represented data from measurements they made in inches.
In this lesson, students measure the lengths of pencils in centimeters and represent the data on their own in a line plot. In Activity 2, students make sense of line plots that do not start at 0. They choose an appropriate starting and ending number based on the data (MP6). In the lesson synthesis, students interpret the data presented in a line plot with a scale that does not start at 0.
- Action and Expression
Activity 2: Grafiquemos longitudes de lápices
- Represent numerical data in a line plot.
- Representemos datos en diagramas de puntos.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Line Plot Template
- Collect 10–12 pencils of varying lengths for each group of 4.
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Number Puzzles: Addition and Subtraction (1–4), Stage 4: Within 100 with Composing (Addressing)
- Target Measurements (2–5), Stage 1: Inches and Centimeters (Addressing)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|