This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn stage 1 of the Creating Line Plots center. In this stage, called Inches and Centimeters, students Students measure up to 8 objects to the nearest centimeter or inch. They work with a partner to create a line plot to represent their measurement data. Then, they ask their partner 2 questions that can be answered based on their line plot. In Activity 2, students choose to continue working on Creating Line Plots, or choose between two previously introduced centers focused on estimation and measurement or a center focused on addition and subtraction.
- Add and subtract within 100.
- Estimate and measure length of objects.
- Midamos para crear diagramas de puntos y para sumar y restar hasta 100.
- Gather collections of objects of various lengths. Collections could include pencils, crayons, math tools, or other classroom materials that have varying lengths.
Gather materials from:
- Estimate and Measure, Stage 2
- Number Puzzles, Stages 2–4
- Target Measurements, Stage 1
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|