Día 1 de centros (optional)
The purpose of this lesson is for students to represent numbers on a number line and practice addition and subtraction within 100.
This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn stage 1 of a new center called Number Line Scoot, where they generate numbers and move that interval on shared number lines. The goal is to land exactly on the end of each number line. In Activity 2, students choose an activity to work on addition and subtraction.
- Represent numbers on a number line.
- Ubiquemos números en una recta numérica.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Number Line Scoot Stage 1 Spinner
- Number Line Scoot Stage 1 Gameboard
- Number Line Scoot Stage 1 Directions, Spanish
Gather materials from:
- Capture Squares, Stages 3 and 4
- Number Line Scoot, Stage 1
- Number Puzzles, Stage 4
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Check-in with your norms and routines. Are they promoting engagement from all of your students? Are there any adjustments you might make so that all students do math tomorrow?