3.4 Relacionemos la multiplicación con la división
- Students learn about and use the relationship between multiplication and division, place value understanding, and the properties of operations to multiply and divide whole numbers within 100. They also represent and solve two-step word problems using the four operations.
Section A Goals
- Represent and solve “how many groups?” and “how many in each group?” problems.
Section B Goals
- Understand division as a missing-factor problem.
- Use properties of operations to develop fluency with single-digit multiplication facts, and their related division facts.
Section C Goals
- Use properties of operations and place value understanding to develop strategies to multiply within 100 and to multiply one-digit numbers by a multiple of 10.
Section D Goals
- Use properties of operations, place value understanding, and the relationship between multiplication and division to divide within 100.