¿Qué características ves?
The purpose of this lesson is for students to sort shapes into categories based on their attributes.
In previous grades, students sorted shapes into categories based on the attributes of the shape. In this lesson, students revisit this work and learn the terms angle in a shape and right angle in a shape to describe the corners of shapes. This will be helpful in later lessons as students further sort triangles and rectangles by additional attributes. Throughout the lesson, if students have trouble determining if sides have the same length, offer rulers to measure the side lengths.
- Describe attributes of shapes.
- Sort shapes based on attributes in a way that makes sense to them.
- Clasifiquemos figuras en grupos.
Materials to Copy
- Shape Cards Grade 3
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
|Activity 1||35 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
What part of the lesson went really well today in terms of students’ learning? What did you do that made that part go well?
- Can You Draw It? (1–5), Stage 2: Grade 2 Shapes (Supporting)
- How Are They the Same? (1–5), Stage 2: Grade 2 Shapes (Supporting)
- Which One? (K–5), Stage 3: Grade 2 Shapes (Supporting)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|