Encontremos el perímetro
The purpose of this lesson is for students to find perimeters of shapes given all or some of the side lengths.
In previous lessons, students learned about attributes of two-dimensional shapes. They also learned about perimeter and drew shapes with specific perimeters. In this lesson, students find perimeters of shapes given side lengths and use the attributes of shapes to find the perimeter given only some of the side lengths.
Activity 1: Maneras de encontrar el perímetro
- Find the perimeter of two-dimensional shapes given all or some of the side lengths.
- Encontremos el perímetro de más figuras.
Materials to Gather
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
How did students leverage their geometry knowledge about attributes of shapes to reason about perimeter in today’s lesson?
- Can You Draw It? (1–5), Stage 3: Grade 3 Shapes (Addressing)
- Which One? (K–5), Stage 4: Grade 3 Shapes (Addressing)
- How Are They the Same? (1–5), Stage 3: Grade 3 Shapes (Addressing)