In a previous lesson, students used a survey to collect data. In this lesson, they represent their data set with a scaled bar graph. Then, students ask and answer questions about the information presented in their scaled bar graphs.
If students need additional support with the concepts in this lesson, refer back to Unit 1, Section A in the curriculum materials.
- Draw a scaled bar graph to represent a data set with several categories.
- Solve one- and two-step “how many more” and “how many less” problems using information presented in scaled bar graphs.
- Representemos nuestros datos en gráficas de barras con escala y respondamos preguntas sobre los datos.
- Each group of 4 needs the survey data from the previous lesson.
- Each group needs the bar graphs they created in the previous activity.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|