While some students might count the number of objects and compare that number to the number of students, the focus of the activity is on matching one object to each person to see if there are enough.
Each of the lessons in this section begins with a How Many Do You See routine to build on the subitizing work in a previous section. Students extend the Act It Out routine with a new story.
Throughout the section, observe students for the look-fors on the Unit 1, Sections A-D Checkpoint.
Activity 2: ¿Hay suficientes?
- Answer “are there enough” questions about objects.
- Averigüemos si hay suficientes materiales para todos.
Materials to Gather
- Each group of 4 needs 4 pencils and 3 erasers.
- Gather materials from:
- Connecting Cubes, Stages 1 and 2
- Pattern Blocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Geoblocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Picture Books, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Reflect on how you can reinforce the work done in today’s lesson outside of math class. When can you ask students questions involving are there enough? How can you incorporate it into snack time, transitions, or when passing out materials?