Students learn new stages of the Connecting Cubes and Pattern Blocks centers. Then students choose between the centers that have been previously introduced and may rotate between centers. This is an opportunity to set up structures for students to move between centers.
Students reflect on the math community poster they have been adding to all week and work to create norms for the classroom.
- Explore and use math tools.
- Listen to their partner’s mathematical ideas.
- Exploremos nuestras herramientas matemáticas.
Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
- Gather Materials from:
- Pattern Blocks, Stage 1 and Stage 2
- Connecting Cubes, Stage 1 and Stage 2
- Geoblocks, Stage 1 and Stage 2
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Activity 3||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|