Grupos diferentes, misma cantidad
In previous lessons, students recognized and named groups of up to 5 objects in the classroom and picture books. In this lesson, students identify and match groups that have the same number of things, which builds their understanding that the same number can be represented in many different ways.
Students practice recognizing and naming small groups of objects in the How Many Do You See routine. Then, they look at groups of images and determine which groups have the same amount of images. While students might count the images in each group in order to match the groups with the same quantity, the focus is on matching the quantities without counting.
- Identify groups of objects or images with the same quantity without counting.
- Encontremos grupos que tengan el mismo número de cosas.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Different Groups, Same Quantity
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
- Gather materials from:
- Connecting Cubes, Stages 1 and 2
- Pattern Blocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Geoblocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Picture Blocks, Stage 1
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
When do your students feel successful in math? How do you know?