The purpose of this lesson is for students to compare groups of up to 10 objects in the context of putting together pattern blocks.
In previous lessons, students put together and counted pattern blocks to fill in puzzles. Students have noticed that different combinations of pattern blocks can be used to create the same shape. Students use methods developed in previous units to compare the number of pattern blocks.
- Compare the number of objects in groups of up to 10 shapes.
- Descifremos si hay más fichas en forma de triángulo o más fichas en forma de trapecio.
- To display during the activity synthesis, create:
- a shape with 6 green triangle pattern blocks and 2 red trapezoid pattern blocks.
- a shape with 6 blue rhombus pattern blocks and 7 red trapezoid pattern blocks.
- Gather materials from:
- Geoblocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Grab and Count, Stage 1
- Find the Pair, Stages 1 and 2
Teacher Reflection Questions
When do your students feel successful in math? How do you know?
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements
|Lesson Cover Page
|Teacher Presentation Materials