Problemas-historia sobre figuras
The purpose of this lesson is for students to solve Add To, Result Unknown and Take From, Result Unknown story problems about pattern blocks.
In a previous unit, students used objects, drawings, expressions, and equations to represent and solve story problems. In the first activity, students choose an equation that matches the story problem (MP2). Then students fill in equations to represent story problems.
- Action and Expression
- Match equations to story problems.
- Solve story problems involving shapes.
- Resolvamos problemas-historia y asociémoslos con ecuaciones.
Materials to Gather
- Gather materials from:
- Pattern Blocks, Stages 1-7
- Geoblocks, Stages 1 and 2
- Grab and Count, Stage 1
- Find the Pair, Stages 1 and 2
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Who got to do math today in class and how do you know? Identify the norms or routines that allowed those students to engage in mathematics. How can you adjust these norms and routines so all students do math tomorrow?