Compongamos y descompongamos 10 con fichas geométricas
The purpose of this lesson is for students to compose and decompose 10 in multiple ways in the context of pattern blocks.
In a previous unit, students solved Put Together/Take Apart, Both Addends Unknown story problems and decomposed 10 in more than one way. Students are not required to find all the ways to decompose 10, but they may use their understanding of how to find a number that makes 10 when added to a given number to help them find different decompositions.
Activity 2: Muchas maneras de formar 10
- Compose and decompose 10 in more than one way.
- Solve Put Together/Take Apart, Both Addends Unknown story problems involving shapes.
- Usemos nuestras fichas geométricas para encontrar diferentes maneras de formar 10.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Book of 10, Spanish
- Shake and Spill Stage 4 Recording Sheet Kindergarten, Spanish
- Create a book for each student from the blackline master.
- Create a chart labeled with “trapezoids” and “rhombuses” as pictured:
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Activity 3||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Which students did you talk to or observe during independent or group work time? Which students did you not get a chance to talk to or observe? How can you use centers in the coming days to check-in with students that you haven’t observed recently?