Students move around the room as they find the value of expressions. Students also compare totals and differences of expressions.
If students need additional support with the concepts in this lesson, refer back to Unit 4, Section C in the curriculum materials.
- Add and subtract within 5.
- Sumemos y restemos hasta 5.
- Each student needs one card from the Expression Cards set used in a previous lesson.
- Label each corner of the classroom with a large number: 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Each group of 2 needs a set of Expression Cards from a previous lesson.
- Gather materials from:
- Roll and Add
- Find the Value of Expressions
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Activity 3||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|