Hagamos libros de números (parte 1)
The purpose of this lesson is for students to use numbers to represent objects in their environment.
In this lesson, students explore and identify common features of number books and take a walk around the school to record important objects or features to include in their number book. In the next lesson, students will create and share their own number book.
If students need additional support with the concepts in this lesson, refer back to Unit 2, Section C in the curriculum materials.
- Action and Expression
- Answer mathematical questions about the community.
- Identify number and quantity in the environment.
- Represent and write numbers to 20.
- Encontremos cosas para contar en nuestra escuela.
Materials to Gather
- Gather a variety of number books for the class to look through.
- Gather materials from:
- Picture Books
- Find the Pair
- Math Stories
- Build Shapes
- Make or Break Apart Numbers
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
If you were to teach this lesson over again, what activity would you redo? How would your proposed changes support student learning?