In this lesson, students explore and identify common features of number books and take a walk around the school to record important objects or features to include in their number book. In the next lesson, students will create and share their own number book.
If students need additional support with the concepts in this lesson, refer back to Unit 2, Section C in the curriculum materials.
- Action and Expression
- Answer mathematical questions about the community.
- Identify number and quantity in the environment.
- Represent and write numbers to 20.
- Encontremos cosas para contar en nuestra escuela.
- Gather a variety of number books for the class to look through.
- Gather materials from:
- Picture Books
- Find the Pair
- Math Stories
- Build Shapes
- Make or Break Apart Numbers
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|