Representemos datos de medidas en diagramas de puntos
The purpose of this lesson is for students to generate measurement data and represent them on a line plot.
In a previous lesson, students analyzed line plots that included measurements in halves and fourths of an inch. In this lesson, students collect measurement data, represent them on a line plot, and analyze line plots that represent different data sets (MP2).
This lesson may take more than one day if students need more time to collect data around the school and to create their line plots. If time permits and preferable, consider carrying out the activities across two days.
- Create a line plot where the horizontal scale is marked off in appropriate units— whole numbers, halves, or quarters—to represent measurement data.
- Generate measurement data by measuring lengths using a ruler marked with halves and fourths of an inch.
- Recolectemos datos de medidas y mostrémoslos en un diagrama de puntos.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Let's Make a Line Plot
- Each group of 4 needs a ruler marked with half inches and quarter inches from a previous lesson.
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||5 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Estimate and Measure (1–4), Stage 3: Quarter Inches (Addressing)
- Target Measurements (2–5), Stage 2: Quarter Inches (Addressing)
- Creating Line Plots (2–5), Stage 1: Inches and Centimeters (Supporting)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|