A landscape architect is designing a pool that has this top view:
- How much water will be needed to fill this pool 4 feet deep?
- Before filling up the pool, it gets lined with a plastic liner. How much liner is needed for this pool?
- Here are the prices for different amounts of plastic liner. How much will all the plastic liner for the pool cost?
plastic liner (ft2) cost ($) 25 3.75 50 7.50 75 11.25
Shade in a base of the trapezoidal prism. (The base is not the same as the bottom.)
- Find the area of the base you shaded.
- Find the volume of this trapezoidal prism.
For each diagram, decide if \(y\) is an increase or a decrease of \(x\). Then determine the percentage that \(x\) increased or decreased to result in \(y\).
Noah is visiting his aunt in Texas. He wants to buy a belt buckle whose price is $25. He knows that the sales tax in Texas is 6.25%.
- How much will the tax be on the belt buckle?
- How much will Noah spend for the belt buckle including the tax?
- Write an equation that represents the total cost, \(c\), of an item whose price is \(p\).