In earlier lessons, students learned about the relationship between pounds and ounces and solidified their understanding of how hours, minutes, and seconds are related. In this lesson, they apply these insights to solve multi-step problems, including multiplicative comparison problems. The last activity in the lesson is optional and is a complex puzzle involving pounds and ounces.
- Solve multi-step problems that involve multiplicative comparison and measurement with whole numbers and fractions.
- Let’s solve multi-step measurement problems.
Materials to Copy
- Info Gap: Noah's School Day (Part 2)
- Create a set of cards from the blackline master for each group of 2.
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
- Would You Rather? (2–5), Stage 2: Compare to Smaller Units (Addressing)
- Compare (1–5), Stage 3: Multiply within 100 (Supporting)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|