4.4 From Hundredths to Hundred-thousands
- Students read, write and compare numbers in decimal notation. They also extend place value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers and add and subtract within 1,000,000.
Section A Goals
- Represent, compare, and order decimals to the hundredths by reasoning about their size.
- Write tenths and hundredths in decimal notation.
Section B Goals
- Read, represent, and describe the relative magnitude of multi-digit whole numbers up to 1 million.
- Recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, the value of a digit in one place represents ten times what it represents in the place to its right.
Section C Goals
- Compare, order, and round multi-digit whole numbers within 1,000,000.
Section D Goals
- Add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers using the standard algorithm.