2.6 Geometría, tiempo y dinero
- Students reason with shapes and their attributes and partition shapes into equal shares, building a foundation for fractions. They relate halves, fourths, and skip-counting by 5 to tell time, and solve story problems involving the values of coins and dollars.
Section A Goals
- Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.
- Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces.
Section B Goals
- Partition rectangles and circles into halves, thirds, and fourths and name the pieces.
- Recognize 2 halves, 3 thirds, and 4 fourths as one whole.
- Understand that equal pieces do not need to be the same shape.
Section C Goals
- Tell and write time from analog and digital clocks to the nearest five minutes, using a.m. and p.m.
Section D Goals
- Find the value of a group of bills and coins.
- Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one- and two-step word problems.
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Assessments and Assessment Teacher Guides.