Día 2 de centros (optional)
The purpose of this lesson is for students to practice adding numbers within 1,000.
This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn stage 4 of the How Close center. In this new stage, called Add to 1,000, students pick 8 digit cards and then choose 6 of those to make an expression that yields a number as close as possible to the target number, 1,000. In Activity 2, students learn stage 8 of the Five in a Row center, Add within 1,000 with Composing, and then choose to continue working on Five in a Row, or choose between two previously introduced centers focused on addition with three-digit numbers.
- Add numbers within 1,000.
- Sumemos números hasta 1,000.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Five in a Row Addition and Subtraction Stage 8 Gameboard, Spanish
- How Close? Stage 4 Recording Sheet, Spanish
- Each group of 2 needs 10 counters and 2 paper clips.
- Gather materials from:
- Five in a Row, Stages 7–8
- How Close, Stage 4
|Activity 1||15 min|
|Activity 2||25 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
When do your students feel successful in math? How do you know?