Día 1 de centros (optional)
The purpose of this lesson is for students to skip-count by 2, 5, and 10 and to add and subtract within 1,000.
This lesson is optional because it is an opportunity for extra practice that not all classes may need. In Activity 1, students learn stage 4 of the Write Numbers center, which was first introduced in grade 1. In this new stage, called Skip Count by 2, 5, and 10, students write numbers as they skip-count by 2, 5, or 10. In Activity 2, students choose to continue working on Write Numbers, or choose between three previously introduced centers focused on addition and subtraction within 1,000.
- Add and subtract within 1,000 using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations.
- Skip-count by 2, 5, and 10.
- Contemos a saltos y practiquemos la suma y la resta.
Materials to Gather
Materials to Copy
- Write the Number Stage 4 Gameboard
Gather materials from:
- Write Numbers, Stage 4
- Target Numbers, Stages 6 and 7
- Five in a Row, Stages 7 and 8
- How Close, Stage 4
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
How did you use questioning to assess what students understand about mathematics during their work in centers?