Relacionemos multiplicación y división
The purpose of this lesson is for students to use the relationship between multiplication and division to write equations and solve problems.
In previous lessons, students built a foundation of division understanding and connected multiplication and division equations. Here, they use a variety of representations to show how multiplication and division are related and write multiplication or division equations to represent division situations.
Activity 1: Mesa redonda de división
- Represent situations involving equal groups using multiplication and division equations with a symbol for the unknown quantity.
- Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve problems involving equal groups.
- Hagamos más conexiones entre la multiplicación y la división.
Materials to Copy
- Division Round Table, Spanish
|Activity 1||20 min|
|Activity 2||15 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Which question did you ask today that best supported students’ understanding of how multiplication and division equations are related? What did students say or do that showed the question was effective?
- Rectangle Rumble (3–5), Stage 3: Factors 1–10 (Addressing)
- Capture Squares (1–3), Stage 7: Multiply with 6–9 (Addressing)
Print Formatted Materials
Teachers with a valid work email address can click here to register or sign in for free access to Cool Down, Teacher Guide, and PowerPoint materials.
|Student Task Statements||docx|
|Lesson Cover Page||docx|
|Cool Down||Log In|
|Teacher Guide||Log In|
|Teacher Presentation Materials||docx|