Comparemos problemas-historia de suma y de resta
The purpose of this lesson is to solve and compare Add To, Result Unknown and Take From, Result Unknown story problems.
In previous lessons, students solved Add To and Take From, Result Unknown story problems. The purpose of this lesson is to solve Add To, Result Unknown and Take From, Result Unknown story problems with the same context, which gives students an opportunity to focus on the action in each story and how it determines whether they need to add or subtract to solve the problem (MP2).
- Compare addition and subtraction story problems.
- Solve Add To, Result Unknown and Take From, Result Unknown story problems.
- Descubramos en qué se parecen y en qué son diferentes estos problemas-historia.
Materials to Gather
- Gather materials from:
- Bingo, Stages 1-3
- Math Fingers, Stages 1-3
- Math Stories, Stages 1 and 2
- Subtraction Towers, Stage 1
- 5-frames, Stages 1 and 2
- Counting Collections, Stage 1
|Activity 1||10 min|
|Activity 2||10 min|
|Activity 3||20 min|
|Lesson Synthesis||10 min|
Teacher Reflection Questions
Think about a time you recently made a mistake during math class. How did you leverage your mistake to show students that mistakes are just learning in progress?